125g soft margarine
2 tsp vanilla essence
300g castor sugar
3 large eggs
60g cocoa powder
125ml hot water
125ml warm milk
2 cups cake flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp salt
24 cupcake/muffin paper cases
1 ice-cream scoop
1. Preheat oven to 190C.
2. Cream margarine until soft, add vanilla essence.
3. Gradually add castor sugar, beating contineously.
4. Dissolve cocoa in hot water, add the warm milk. Set mixture aside to cool.
5. Sift together flour, baking powder, bicarb and salt.
6. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time (if mixture curdles, add some of the measured sifted dry ingredients.
7. Add sifted dry ingredients to creamed mixture, alternating with cocoa-milk mixture.
8. Grease cupcake or small muffin pan and line with paper cases. Using the ice-cream scoop, put one scoop into each case.
9. Bake at 190C for 15 mins or until toothpick comes out of the centre clean.
I own a SolarDOM and made these in there as part of getting to know how to cook and bake in it. To pre-heat the SolarDom, I set the convection temperaturc to 190C and the time to 15 min