Source: Fresh Living December 2009
250 g Safari cake mix
50 g Sugarbird mixed citrus peel
50 g Moir’s red glacé cherries, halved
50 g Safari flaked almonds
100 g butter
125 ml brandy
125 ml brown sugar
5 ml Moir’s bicarbonate of soda
2 ml mixed spice
1 extra large egg
60 ml sherry 60 ml milk
200 ml Sasko cake flour
Sugarbird glacé fruit
- Place cake mix, mixed citrus peel, cherries, almonds, butter, brandy, sugar, bicarbonate of soda and mixed spice in saucepan.
- Bring to boil, lower heat and cook for 5 minutes while stirring continuously.
- Leave to cool.
- Beat egg, sherry and milk together then add flour and fruit mixture. Mix well.
- Spoon into cupcake cases in a muffin tin and bake in preheated oven at 160ºC for 30 minutes.
- Decorate with thinly sliced glacé fruit.