600-700g Lean beef mince
500g mixed veg (I used 2 packets McCain Mixed Vegetables 250g Diced carrots, corn, cut green beans and peas)
8 medium potatoes (fist sized)
1 tbsp Bisto gravy powder
1.5 tbsp Maziena cornflour
2 tbsp Oxtail soup powder
1. Peal, dice and put the potatoes on to boil under soft enough to mash
2. Cook the vege (I just popped the packet in to the mcirwave for 4mins each)
3. Peal, slice and dice the onion. Fry in a little marg until translucent and just going brown. Put aside
4. Brown the mince in 2 batches in a little marg in the same pan that you fried the onions in. 2 batches gets all the mince cooked evenly.
5. Mix the cooked vege, mince and onions together.
6. Make up gravy as follows:
a) Put the Bisto, Maziena and soup powder in a jug and add 2.5 cups of boiling water
b) Stir until all disovled and then place in the micro on high for 1 min
c) Take out and stir well before putting back in the micro for another 2mins
7. Mix the gravy into the mince-vege mix and smooth into the bottom of your dish.
8. Mash potatoes with milk and marg until desired consitancy (thick but spreadable) and apply to top of mince-mix in dish. Smooth to edges and use a fork to make ridges if desired.
9. Heat grill and then grill until cooked through and crispy/lightly golden on top.
10. Serve hot on a cold night.
This is a great way to use up leftover vege, poatoes and meat (mince used to be finally chopped leftovers from the roast the night before) and also tastes great the next day reheated!